Computing and Politics

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 28 23:17:11 UTC 2004

Well, I think we have to keep in mind that support for the current
administration in Washington is marginal even in the United States. So the
term 'intellectually bankrupt neanderthals' could be applied to that
administration, but it's not a suitable blanket description of our US
neighbours. Many Americans that I have spoken too are as appalled by the
Bush administration as we are. And in some sense, it's tougher for those
Americans because it's their government and country.

Peter

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:55:33AM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:46:43 -0500
> Peter Hiscocks disseminated the following:
>
> > And, to top this off, I notice in the Globe yesterday that John Manley is
> > reported as encouraging us to have closer relations to the United States,
> > participate in the Star Wars II initiative, and soft-pedal our disagreements
> > with them.
>
> ...which is why we need to follow Spain's example and send a clear message to
> our American 'friends'. They need us a *lot* more than we need them. Canada
> should be turning its attention more toward Europe, not that bunch of culturally
> and intellectually bankrupt neanderthals to the south.
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist...;-)
>
> --
> JoeHill
> Registered Linux user #282046