["Craig Flannagan" <craigfla at microsoft.com>] Microsoft Canada would like to visit your user group

Brice Chaffin bchaffin-//MPyowsN0+FX2APIN6yfw at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 27 02:12:15 UTC 2004

Since I am a new member, I have monitored the conversation some before posting my own thoughts. My initial reaction is a no. Generally, Microsoft favors dominance over cooperation and seeks converts rather than partners. I have seen and heard some of the things on various Linux sites that Microsoft has come up with to discredit it. Why a sudden interest in it or us now? One must wonder. Is it really a genuine offer, or just another tactic?

ACOLYTE: Oh, machine, will you accept my offer of information
 so you may run my program and perhaps give me a computation?

PRIEST(on behalf of the machine): We will try. We promise nothing.