["Craig Flannagan" <craigfla at microsoft.com>] Microsoft Canada would like to visit your user group

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-j4iOX5ZKO4mumhQq9Hcxfg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 22:04:02 UTC 2004

No way.

We are a Linux technical group. No salesman can help us.

Microsoft cannot and will not help us with any of our interests.

To tell us anything technically useful, they require a non-disclosure
agreement, which could jeopardize our work with Linux.

They want to destroy everything that we work on. Forget it.

They want converts *to* Microsoft.

I say we should accept No gifts. No Toys. No obligation. Nothing.

Duncan

On March 26, 2004 07:46 am, Colin McGregor wrote:
> If the guy brings Microsoft Natural keyboards/mice for all attendees (i.e.:
> provides Microsoft products that I genuinely like), then sure I would be
> willing to sit through the guy's sales pitch (hey with $50 Billion in the
> bank they can afford a few dozen extra keyboards/mice), otherwise a polite
> thanks but no thanks is in order. If they were to spring for pizza as well
> that would be bonus...
>
> Colin McGregor

---
Duncan MacGregor   --- Toronto ---