Motherboard recommendation?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 20:36:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:36:08PM -0500, Henry Spencer wrote:
> Bear in mind that Ethernet-hardware manufacturers (and I'm specifically
> thinking of 3Com, although they're far from the only ones) have a
> deplorable habit of changing the hardware without changing the model/part
> numbers.

I thought intel's million ID's for the e100 was bad.  3com mainly seems
to change the letter every 3 or 4 years for a new revision.  Seems like
3com changes the least of all the ones I have dealt with.

3c905A 3c905B and 3c905C are very different, but they are clearly not
the same model.

Lennart Sorensen