Modifying key bindings in xfwm4

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 15:49:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:34:16 -0500
Anton Markov disseminated the following:

> I am currently using the Xfce4 environment which uses Xfwm4 as the
> window manager. Currently if I hold down the Alt key and left-click in a
> window, I can move the window. However, the Alt key is used in both The
> Gimp and Adobe Photoshop (under Crossover) for an important image
> manipulation command (activating the color pick tool). In KDE, I was
> able to change the "Move window" binding from the Alt key to the Win
> key. I would like to do the same under Xfce4 (using Xfwm4).
>
> So, how can I change the bindings Xfwm4 uses? I don't see the option in
> the Settings Manager.

That function seems to be common to all the DE/WM's I've tried, and I can find
no mention of it in any of the ~/.xfce config files I looked through. I'm
thinkin' maybe it's a function of X itself?

My best guess is you could set this with xmodmap.

Sorry I don't have a definite answer :-(

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046