debian alt+tab equivalent

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 25 20:54:49 UTC 2004

Fraser Campbell wrote:

>On Thursday 25 March 2004 04:42, Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to alternate amongst open applications in debian? I
>>used to use Alt+Tab in redhat but that does nothing in debian.
>>

>Cycling between windows with ALT-TAB  is a function of the window manager not
>a generic function of X.

I see.

> What window manager are you using?

KDE.

>In KDE I think
>the behaviour you want is the default,

Doesn't seem to be. I've googled a bit looking for the answer - all I've
found are explanations of the ALt+Tab app cycling function (which I
don't have -- at least by default) and people lamenting that that
function is not available in OS X which, of course, doesn't apply to me.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Chris