["Craig Flannagan" <craigfla at microsoft.com>] Microsoft Canada would like to visit your user group

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 01:28:47 UTC 2004

Fraser Campbell wrote:
>>What do they want to discuss?
>

> Yes, I think we must know what the topic/agenda is.

I think that Mathew was trying to attach the original e-mail he got from
Microsoft Canada, but due to some weird encoding problem (no doubt due
to the e-mail being composed in some multi-part Microsoft format). Since
the e-mail describes the possible agenda, and many people are asking for
it, I have copy-pasted the message here in plain text. I hope Mathew
doesn't mind.

If you ask me, let's invite them if we have no other topic planned. It's
not every day you get a free seminar from Microsoft. Besides, from what
I understand they are offering to buy us pizza.

Craig Flannagan wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>

> By way of introduction, my name is Craig Flannagan. I am the MSDN
> Program Manager at Microsoft Canada.
>

> First let me congratulate you on running a successful user group and
> being a thought leader in your community! As a community leader, you
> know the importance of bringing your user group members the latest
> information on their technology of choice. Here's a chance to shake
> things up a bit and bring them insight directly from Microsoft on how
> our developers are tackling many of the same challenges that your
> members are facing.  It is also a great chance to give Microsoft some
> feedback on what we could be doing better or differently.
>

> Whether you interoperate or work directly with Microsoft technologies,
> or are just curious, I am hoping you would see some value in having core
> members of the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) team on hand to
> present at your user group in the near future.
>

> Topics for our meeting could include:
>
> *	Application Security: Tools for Authenticating and Authorizing
> Users
> *	Building Web Applications with ASP.NET
> *	64-Bit Computing and the Future of Microsoft Technologies
>

> Please contact me immediately if you are interested, or if you just want
> to give us some feedback. We can discuss possible meeting topics and
> begin to arrange the details to be part of one of your upcoming
> meetings. We'll even pick up the pizza bill and bring some great
> giveaways.
>

> I look forward to hearing back from you, and talking with your user
> group soon!
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Craig Flannagan,
>
> MSDN Program Manager
>
> Microsoft Canada
>
> craigfla-0li6OtcxBFHby3iVrkZq2A-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg at public.gmane.org
>
> Direct Line : 905-363-8940

- --
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***