DSL.CA

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 24 16:42:01 UTC 2004

You guys are  way ahead of me. dsl.ca never even got my connection
set up when I tried to become a customer this summer. Eventually my
girl friend got impatient and switched us to Bell, which also doesn't have
much support for linux, but at least they got our windows connection up
right away.  A year ago dsl.ca was strongly recommended on this list, but
that was before new management (wiznet) and everything I've heard since
has been negative.  I plan to switch to istop.ca also (provided they don't
change management too).

Alex

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Peter wrote:

> I have exactly same opinion.
>
> For last two weeks ago, my connection kept dropping every 1-2 minutes. That
> coinceded with Bell upgrading bandwith on residential lines. I had few
> conversations with wiznet ppl, as well bell, to no avail. Well I sifted
> through logs and discovered that all of the sudden they dropped out LQR for
> link state detection, or OpenBSD implementation of ppp didn't work with their
> new setup. I simply, disabled lqr in my ppp.conf and solved problem, for now,
> at least.
>
> Peter

Alex Maynard
Assistant Professor