DSL.CA

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 24 15:48:43 UTC 2004

I am a dsl.ca customer, and not a particularly happy one.  Their tech
support is, as far as I can tell, utterly ignorant of non-Windows
technologies or out-of-the-box routing/connection hardware.  They have
been unable to understand that I have a Netgear router/firewall that
speaks PPPoE, and behind that are Linux/UNIX boxes.  If their service
stops working, and it has, once for 15 hours and several shorter periods
as well, they assume it is because I have changed something.  That is,
when I get through.  Frequently I can only get tech support after 3am,
and they never call me back if I leave a tech support message.

I am moving to istop.com, which provides PPPoE software for Windows and
Linux, and so I suspect they can deal with UNIX.  I know people who have
been using istop for some time, and are quite happy.  I know several
dsl.ca customers, but since they were bought out by wiznet it appears
that they have sold beyond their ability to service.
--

yours,

William