Help with Install Please

Transoaxania transoxania-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 24 14:15:14 UTC 2004

Geoffrey Hunter wrote:
>       How can I execute mc as the last task of my boot sequence ?  I've been
> operating in the Konquerer X-Window environment but don't like it - it is too
> much like MS-Windows - and much slower (on a 1 GHz CPU) and more buggy.

Assuming you want to run X-Windows(xdm) only and not use a desktop
manager then you could put a command in your home directory in the file
.XClients like this "xterm -e mc &".  Are you still going to run a
desktop manager like Gnome or KDE?  If so which one?  They both have
their own tools/files for startup programs.