fstab file

Moniz Family john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 23 00:09:24 UTC 2004

Mel Seder wrote:

>The following line sets up my flash drive for use.  In Fedora CORE 1 I
>right click on my desktop,  go to disks and click on the flash entry
>and a disk icon appears on the desktop for me to write and read from.
>If I change the noauto to auto would that put it on the desktop for me
>at login time?  I don't want to muck things up.
>
>/dev/sda1    /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0

Mel;

I had a similar line in /etc/fstab for my USB camera on a RH9 system. If
I booted with the camera plugged in, an icon for the camera would appear
on the desktop. But not if I booted without the camera plugged in to the
usb port, which made it a nuisance when I later connected the camera.

I deleted "kudzu" from the fstab line and put a device icon on the
desktop for /dev/sda1. Now, when I conncet the camera, I just click on
the icon and I can access the storage on the camera, just like a disk.
It should also work for the SanDisk.

John.