Widescreen X on Linux

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 22 16:41:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:58:09 -0500
Kerry Panchoo <Kpanchoo-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a system up using a wide-screen monitor. The optimal
> resolution is 1280x768. Does any one have any experience with this.
> Right now i've not selected hardware to run this. Ideally i'm hoping to
> find a Micro-ATX motherboard with onboard video that is able to support
> 1280x768 on linux. Any recommendations and experiences doing this would
> be extremely useful.
>
> best regards,
> Kerry

Kerry,

   1280x768 is an odd resolution.  Are you sure it isn't 1280x1024?

   If your video card and monitor are capable of handling this resolution, it should come up as an option when you install or reconfigure X.  The old Xconfigurator didn all this very well, and I do not understand why Red Hat no longer redistributes it.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org