Motherboard recommendation?

Jason Shein jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 21 05:42:33 UTC 2004

If you want cheap workstations, and full Linux compatibility, then I use the
ECS L7VMM3 comes with an AMD 1600xp on board. non-upgradeable cpu ( soldered
on ) but it has a AGP slot and 2x PCI

I run these boards regularly with Debian, Mandrake 9.2, and suse 9.0 with no
problems.

Personally, I run a MSI K7N2-DELTA ILSR, and love it

William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:12:50PM -0500, Anton Markov wrote:
>> May I inquire what the machine will be used for, and what type/speed of
>> processor you plan on getting. Maybe someone will be able to give more
>> concrete advice / module numbers then.
>
>The machines will be "client", either in really thin-client setup or in
>workstation (fat-client) attached to server.  So, I don't care about
>CPU.  I like P3 because they run very cool (ie. quiet), but current
>market reality points to XP or P4.
>
>--
>William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
>Linux solution for data processing and document management.
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
(o_
//        Linux - The Choice Of A GNU Generation
V_/_                     Jason Shein
      		Linux Registered User #281100
		 jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org