Motherboard recommendation?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 21 04:56:45 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:04:19PM -0500, Kerry Panchoo wrote:
> Are you looking for everything on-board?

I'm leaning towards all-in-one, because of its simplicity and because I
need to build many boxes.

> I've tested a few Intel & MSI boards with onboard video, audio and lan
> that worked really well. I would almost always stay away from extremely
> new chipsets- also recommend you staw away from shuttle boards- the die
> extremely fast- of the 4 shuttle boards i've bought in the past year,
> not a single one is working.

I saw them at stores.  My concern was heat dissipation... there isn't
much room for fan/heatsink and air flow inside the case.

> I've had some issues with Asus boards, but that was due to the new
> onboard 3Com LAN- look out for that when you buying boards.

What's wrong with it?

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Linux solution for data processing and document management.