[OT] (X)HTML question about POST

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 05:26:44 UTC 2004

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>     See: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/beta/index.html>

Oh, I see what you are trying to do now.

Basically, you want to have a button act like a link without using
javascript in the "onclick" event. Also, you are using CSS to make it
float on top of the text. Did I get that right?

If yes, then your version seems to work fine.

May I recommend using an actual <a> tag instead of a <input> button.
Using CSS you can give it any border style and background you want. For
example, "border-style: outset" should give you the same style as an
html button. You can then make it as fency as you like. The code snippet
below should near-perfectly emulate an HTML button.

Oh, and a form does not necessairly have to submit to a CGI page. You
can use any file, you just won't be able to produce any input (which in
your case doesn't matter).

<head>

<title>CSS Button Test</title>

a.abutton {
	text-decoration: none;
	color: black;
	background-color: lightgrey;
	padding: 2px;
	border: outset 2px lightgray;
}
a.abutton:active { border-style: inset; }

</head>

- --
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***