USB scanner

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 03:13:33 UTC 2004

May I ask why you refuse to buy from OTA? My experience with them has been
mixed, but on balance I continue to deal with them. But I'm interested in
hearing of other experiences.

We recently purchased a Canon LIDE, and it's thin and works just fine, but
we're currently using it under Windows, so I have no idea how it would play
under Linux.

Peter

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 12:55:50PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm looking to buy a good, but inexpensive, flatbed scanner. It doesn't
> really need to do much more than 300DPI, but it *must* work under Linux. I
> already have more printers than I could possibly shake a stick at (four to
> be precise). Ideally the scanner would be slim enough that I could put it
> away on the shelf with my binders when it's not in use. I know that this
> is an easy reality for Windows scanners, but I don't know much about
> hardware that's Linux friendly.
>
> Any recommendations on where to buy and what models I should be looking
> at? (Note: I refuse to buy from OTA, so don't bother suggesting them.) I
> live in Parkdale, so I'd prefer something downtown ish.
>
> thanks,
> emma :)
>
> --
> Emma Jane Hogbin