printers + cups = blank pages

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 20:30:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:01:19PM -0500, Noah John Gellner wrote:
> It is a laser printer

OK, well your driver choice seems right then.  Getting no output makes
me wonder if it's receiving raw text that it doesn't like or something
else like that.

> I don't get your second question. How can I test if I can print plain
> text? I haven't hooked the printer directly up to a machine.

Might as well try that first.  At least you can work out the right
driver, before you start to worry about the printer server device.

Did you use the cups web interface to add the printer?  DId you pick the
pritner by brand/model from the list?  What port did you tell it to
print to?

Lennart Sorensen