USB scanner

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 18:34:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:55:50 -0500
Emma Jane Hogbin disseminated the following:

> I'm looking to buy a good, but inexpensive, flatbed scanner. It doesn't
> really need to do much more than 300DPI, but it *must* work under Linux.

>From what I've seen and heard, all of the HP scanners work under Linux, *except*
the 2300c (take a wild guess what I got for xmas last year...).

> I already have more printers than I could possibly shake a stick at (four to
> be precise). Ideally the scanner would be slim enough that I could put it
> away on the shelf with my binders when it's not in use. I know that this
> is an easy reality for Windows scanners, but I don't know much about
> hardware that's Linux friendly.
>
> Any recommendations on where to buy and what models I should be looking
> at? (Note: I refuse to buy from OTA, so don't bother suggesting them.) I
> live in Parkdale, so I'd prefer something downtown ish.

Hey, I'm a former Parkdalien! I miss it sometimes.

BTW, what's with this hatred of OTA? I've seen that come up on this list a
number of times, I can't say I've ever had a negative experience there. Their
tech, Cezar (sp?), *seems* to know what he's doin'...

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046