"user friendliest" Linux distro

Avtar Gill av_gill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 17 20:54:23 UTC 2004

Lloyd Budd wrote:

> I did not overcome tryiing to find "sources" for YAST(2) for software
> install sources and update, but I thankfully I did not have to.
> Ximian's red-carpet , as was my experience under RedHat ,
> is a fantastic, complete pkg management tool
> (and the downloads have plenty of bandwidth)

In my opinion apt4rpm is the best thing since sliced bread for SuSE
if you want access to numerous upto date third party RPMs.
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/

You can't expect to get official support from SuSE if you use apt
but with that being said I haven't experienced any serious problems
with it so far. I guess since this thread is about user friendly
distros new Linux users will probably want to stay away from apt
until they feel more comfortable to find answers by themselves
using the project's documentation and mailing list.