Belinda is concerned

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 16 20:39:33 UTC 2004

>  can only read so many of these "government sucks" and the response,
> "you got that straight", without getting mildly upset.  You guys do
> realize that "the government" is not some computerized or otherwise
> faceless entity.  Civil workers, like every other person I have met, on
> the whole are intelligent and hard working.

Of course I know that some of it is made of people like you and me. But
too many I've met are lazy, disrespectful, and piss poor at serving the
public. They seem to forget that they are being paid with *MY* money,
and that when I say 'jump' their proper response is to ask 'how high'
and get it done. The public they serve should be part of their wage
review process, no matter low down on the totem they are.

Probably most of the problem is due to their management and the
ministries under which they fall. Hard to carry through on vision when
the idiot electorate changes things and appoints some new corrupt moron
every few years to run the show.

And alot of civil workers that I've met are quite nice. But they're
still part of a lousy system... you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.
You seem to forget that once politicians are elected, they can basically
do whatever the fuck they want unless something makes it into the news
and there's an uproar. The ability to recall would be nice.

> Shut up or do something about it,

I would, but we only get chances every 4 years (or whatever) to do
something about it. And the fact that my vote gets watered down by every
moron out there who only cares about their own back yard or issue
bothers me. Democracy = tyranny of the majority.

Cops are busting people for smoking weed or stealing chocolate bars when
we have thieves running alot of our institutions and corporations. We
have idiots tearing down an re-erecting children's play grounds based on
specious evidence, yet our armed forces has to borrow batteries from
other militaries for our planes to fly. The governor general (why does
that office exist anymore?) lives in a nice, big fancy house and there's
potholes on my street. We buy a piece of shit submarine off the British
that breaks down partway across the Atlantic ocean after being shipped,
yet hospital beds are being closed and ER waits are too long.

We're spending OUR money feeding and medicating people in other
countries, yet our own native peoples get fucked over and people
downtown (the legit ones) are begging for something to eat. People need
housing, yet how many empty lots are there downtown with nothing being
built on them? How 'bout we fix our country first before shipping cash
overseas? People will send all kinds of money to the JDF or whatever
ethnic organization, yet they could take that money, buy a picnic table
and some sandwiches, and feed local hungry kids, or sponsor food banks.
I gotta haul my 6 year old VW into the shop every 2 years for the 'Drive
Clean' program even though I keep it in great shape, yet I see thousands
and thousands of shitty old cars spewing fumes all over the place or
dripping oil, and rigs belching smoke into the air.

Honestly, I believe things (almost the whole world over) are too far
gone to fix, and that the whole rotten, odious machine needs to be torn
down to the ground and built up again, and this time built properly. We
need an apocalypse to thin out the herds and kill off the stupid, unfit
and greedy people. And the fat unhealthy ones too.

Harsh, but I think its true. Someone should start murdering politicians
and lawyers. Maybe if these bastards realized their own lives were on
the line they'd smarten up and do a better job.

--

For Good, return Good. For Evil, return Justice.