pkg_config problem

Vitaliy Babiy admin-P6K2ffn1eiXR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 12 05:19:26 UTC 2004

Hello

Does pkg-config ignore PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

When I try to install libs from source, it is not recognised by pkg-config because the info
ends up in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and pkg-config only looks in /usr/lib/pkgconfig because
it was installed there. This is supposed to be solved by setting the env var

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

...but it simply doesn't work. It works when I recompile and install pkg-config to
/usr/local/.... but then it doesn't recognize libs in /usr/lib/. Anyway, that's an ugly solution.
I have RedHat Fedora core 1 now.

Can anyone help me with this?