TLUG meeting suggestions/comments

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 10 19:33:34 UTC 2004

Madison Kelly said:
<huge snip>
> feel frustrated and flustered. It also likely agitates the other people
> in the crowd who are trying to follow a presentation.

One hundred percent agreed! I don't want to speak for all noobs, but I can
definitely say *I* would have gotten a lot more out of the presentation
had Madison been able to actually present what she had to say. Instead I
was constantly trying to figure out what I was supposed to understand, and
what was just a hothead adding their two cents. It made me feel like I
didn't belong at the presentation because I was too dumb. ... Probably not
*quite* the impression you /meant/ to give, but there you go.

By the end I was definitely having an easier time as Madison was able to
*present* what she had to say instead of being constantly interrupted.
Kudos to Madison on a great presentation, AND for getting the rowdies
under control!

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin