Clone install headaches

Michael Wilson mjw7739-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 10 16:46:50 UTC 2004

I think you need to get a ppp0E client to setup your
dsl connection. Check out this site:

http://www.carricksolutions.com/linuxpppoe.php

pppoE stands for point-to-point protocol over
ethernet, you will need to use pppoE client software
on you linux machine to obtain an IP address from
Sympatico, much like the Access Manager software works
in Windows. Also try searching in google using
'sympatico' and 'linux 'keywords.' It looks like you
ethernet card is up and working.

Sorry to use the mailing list's bandwidth for this

http://tlug.ss.org/subscribe.shtml