Clone install headaches

Paul DiRezze pdirezze-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 10 16:24:28 UTC 2004

At 11:10 AM 10/03/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>On networking:
>  type: /sbin/ifconfig -a. and find out if the netwrok card exist.

I typed this and I think it found my network card. The results are as follows:

etho  Link ncap: Ethernet HWaddr 00:E0:18:E3:F1:28
       BROADCAST MUULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
       collisions:0 txqueuelev:1000
       RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
       Vase Address: 0x880

>  if it doesn't. You need to find drivers for the card. They exist
>  because I have the same card in one of my computers.
>
>  Most likely case is that it exists but is not turned on:
>  to turn it on on Redhat systems,
>  as root type:
>  /sbin/service start network.

I typed this command but got the following response
start: unrecognized service