Clone install headaches

Paul DiRezze pdirezze-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 10 15:54:50 UTC 2004

Sorry to use the mailing list's bandwidth for this but several people have
asked so here goes.

I'm running a clone with
an ASUS P4S533-VM motherboard in it.
1 gigabyte of memory
an 80 gig hard drive
a plextor 48/24/48a CD burner
A floppy drive

I have Fedora installed on it and it comes up fine, but I'm unable to
access the network and during boot up the video drops out and my monitor
flashes "video mode not supported".

Right now, all I'd like to concentrate on is the networking issue.

I typed the commnd: lspci as root and among other stuff got the following
line describing my network card:

00:04.0 Ethernet Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100
Ethernet (rev 91)

But when I tried to access the net (e.g., linuxtoday.com) in Mozilla, it
says that the site cannot be found.

The computer is hooked up to the same Linksys 4-port switch as my windoze
box.  The switch is running DHCP and is connected to my Sympatico
high-speed connection.

Thanks again for all the help.

paul