Linux friendly computer retailers in Toronto

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 10 14:59:21 UTC 2004

I am not sure about the experience of others, but I think that it is
useful to install Linux yourself. By installing the OS you will become
more acquainted with how things work and thus will be better prepared to
address any problems that come up. Since you are new to Linux you might
consider asking a knowledgeable friend to do the install with you if you
are unsure about doing it alone.

Unless you have a friend who will act as a de facto Linux tech support
for your Linux questions, it will probably be useful to get a better
idea about how the systems goes together even in at general sense.

Finally, you might consider other distributions as well. I am given to
understand that both SUSE and Mandrake are fairly "user friendly"

If you want Linux installed you might consider looking at the Dell
400SC. It is a server but can be used as a desktop and has an 8x AGP
slot. You can order it with a Redhat option. I don't know about the
prices in Canada but it can regularly be had in the USA for USD 300 with
a decent configuration and Redhat.

On 09:22 Wed 10 Mar     , Paul DiRezze wrote:
> I'm new to Linux and want to walk into a computer store, ask for a system
> that is Fedora compatible and walk out with a working system (i.e., Fedora
> installed) and no surprises.  Does such a store exist in the Toronto area?
>
> You can reply to me directly and I'll post a contact summary to the list.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> paul

Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"