Total War; SCO is only the beginning

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 9 19:36:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, JoeHill wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 02:46:00 -0500
> William Park disseminated the following:
>
> > What would happen if Microsoft makes their own microprocessor?  Would
> > they get into trouble?
>
> I don't know about that, but I do know it would be the crappiest
> microprocessor in history ;-)

Don't be so sure. Sometimes good things come of such efforts. F.ex. the
Z80 (of CP/M etc fame) was designed by a couple of Intel defectors
(someone will hate me for saying this). They wanted to compete with the
8080 and they did so well that this chip is still in production after
nearly 30 years!.

Peter