Sympatico outages ?

John Myshrall jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 8 09:47:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:27:08 -0500
David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday my connection to Sympatico crapped out.
> I wiggled wires, I called 310-SURF, I re-ran adsl-setup.
> Hey ! It worked ! for about 1/2 an hour ! then "blablabla.com not
> found" errors again.
>     then it worked, and so on for most of Wed and Thurs.
> I got a call from a friend (using Mandrake 9.1) with the exact same
> symptoms and today his friend added a third voice to the din.
> Sympatico service claims no outages, anyone else been having troubles
> ? djp
>
> --

I had the same problem. Wednesday no service, Thursday up for an hour
and Friday back up. I have a router as well and it did not make any
difference.

I use Golden Triangle Online which has been rock solid. Their tech
support said everthing was fine on their end. Their suggestion was to
reset to defaults on the router and reconfigure. This did not resolve
anything.

John