Sympatico outages ?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 8 02:21:11 UTC 2004

Sidney Shapiro wrote:
>>I've never had that experience, though if they've got a serious
>
> problem
>
>>you'll have a *LONG* wait, before you get to talk to someone.
>

> I have had the hang-up experience several times. It is extremely
> annoying dealing with Sympatico tech support, I recommend all my clients
> use Rogers for that reason. When I called because my client's Citrix box
> was not connecting properly (the problem ended up being on their end)
> the idiot tells me, "now click on start and go to settings..." **Sigh**

I gave up on Sympatico, when I was trying to get a friend connected, and
she wanted Sympatico.  However, due to the frustation of getting through
to them, she went with Primus instead.  Then last year, a neighbour
signed on with Sympatico, but was never able to get connected.  I was
trying to get her going and just couldn't get it to work.  They even
sent another modem, which not only didn't work, but also killed the
phone line.  She also gave up on Sympatico and went with Rogers.  I was
then able to get her going in a few minutes.  Also, one of my co-workers
is on Sympatico.  He'd like to connect to his home computer from work,
but finds his IP is frequently changing.  But on Rogers, my dhcp address
is virtually static and I have a "static" host name that will always
work, even if the IP changes.