Sympatico outages ?

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 7 16:44:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:14:35AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> I'm on Rogers and have noticed that when they're aware of a problem,
> they'll put a message about it on the help line, which you then hear,
> before you get to the support person..

That happened to me.  "For help us serve you better, please enter
your phone number." <entered phone number> "We're experienceing a major
outage in your area.  Please call back later for any updates. <click>"

Though I can't remember if it outright hung up on me, it was still
the fastest I've ever found out that really, it's the ISP up
shit creek without paddles.  It started working 30 minutes later, too.
(and it's never been faster; I actually get the advertised speeds
now!)

As always, it's a case of YMMV (your mileage may vary).  Generally,
the older and more static the topology in a neighbourhood, the better
the QOS is.

--
taa
/*eof*/