most TLUG members send email from MSWin

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 6 22:49:33 UTC 2004

I use mail on both OSes, but unfortunately, mail has been stored for years on
the Windows (NTFS) partition. So, it has become a habit to the only use
Evolution for downloading without deleting mail from the server and
occasionally sending mail; where Pegasus (the Windows client) is used as my
permanent mail archive. Automated mail sorting, spam filtering, and
distribution list creation are far better on Pegasus than on Evolution or other
UNIX-based mailers I've used. Secondly, there is no better newsreader than
Forte Agent, although Pan is catching up and is doing some nice back-end stuff
with multithreading, which Agent doesn't appear to do. Pan also has a wonderful
ability to store information for several news servers, which Agent does not do
either. But still Agent's advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

I would toss all that to one side if Pan and Evolution evolved beyond my
Windows apps.

Paul King