Another tcl question

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 5 23:56:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, G. Matthew Rice wrote:

> "Peter L. Peres" <plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > canvas .c
> > pack .c
> > bind .c <Key-a> { puts "key: %K" }
>
> add a:
>         focus .c
>
> and you're off to the races.

Yep, thanks. Tk is strange sometimes. I work with an ancient book on Tk
(Graphics with Tcl/Tk) and online resources. This canvas focus thing is
counter-intuitive imho. I'd expect it to capture focus as soon as I click
on it (never mind enter it - I have focus follows mouse set elsewhere).
Actually now that I know what I'm looking for it's obvious (man wm topic
focusmodel).

Peter