changing things a little.

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 5 17:16:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Seeing as I am up next (everyone come!!!) I'll throw my approval in. I
> would love a more "group" part instead of just the lecture thing. Maybe
> instead of doing a talk (in my case, on firewalls and iptables) instead
> we can sit arounf and have one person (me!! :) ) field questions on the
> topic and others could jump in when the "host" gets stumped.

A word of caution:  many people are less enthusiastic about coming to a
meeting that's billed as a Q&A session rather than a talk, because it's
harder to tell whether the content will interest them.  It's better to
start with a talk, to give newcomers to the topic some context and to
deal with the elementary issues, and then do Q&A afterward.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org