Scripting Email

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 4 15:34:05 UTC 2004

I would like to be able to send email programmatically (via script and at
or cron).  When one looks at "command line email" in Google you'll see a
lot of stuff about `mail`.  My MTA is just forwarding stuff to a smarthost
(leave off for the moment that the "smart" host is actually a flaming
ninnyhammer) and so `mail` doesn't help me.

I've tried using Perl and Net::SMTP, but it provides insufficient
control over headers, and gets flagged as spam.

Is there a program that might help me, or should I try to script a
telnet session, or do this in Perl with Net::Socket.  Any suggestions
welcome.  Thanks.
--

yours,

William