new Zire Handheld (small M150 written on back of case) Retails for $99

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 4 03:46:36 UTC 2004

Great,  that sounds like it will be perfect for me.  It came installed
on Redhat's Fedora Core 1 and I too do not like long loading times.  I
also run a NTP as my box boots up.

Thanks for your help

--- cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > I bought the above this morning.  I'm using Fedora CORE 1
> >
> > Is anyone using JPilot or Kpilot and could give me your opinions on
> > which I should use?
>
> I have been happily using JPilot for several years now.  The only
> thing
> for which I wish it had a "plugin" that it doesn't is "Pilot-DB," the
> 'database' application.  Notably:
>
>  - It includes time sync, so that the Palm is synced to my NTP-synced
>    server;
>
>  - It includes a GUI for the "GNU Keyring" application, allowing
> desktop
>    based management of my enormous quantities of system passwords;
>
>  - It supports the Palm-based email client (that wasn't included on
> my
>    Zire 71...)
>
> It _doesn't_ require the great gobs of libraries associated with KDE
> applications, and doesn't have the extra 15s of startup time
> associated
> with reading in vtables for all the KDE C++ objects.
> --
> select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html
> "Life without music would be a mistake."  -- Nietzsche

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)