Palm Pilot -> GPilot -> MemoFile, where is it?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 3 13:21:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:05:26 -0500
Madison Kelly disseminated the following:

>    I got my PalmPilot synching with my desktop using the gnome pilot app
> and using the conduits to push everything between Evolution and the
> Palm. The only thing I can't find or figure out is where the MemoFiles
> are going. I do a fair bit of writing on my Palm and this is one of the
> more important features for me.
>
>    Under the gnome pilot settings I have enabled the MemoFile conduit
> and set it to synchronize and it says that the directory will be
> '/samba/private/madison/memo_files' which it created but it is an empty
> directory. The directory mode is 0770 and the file mode is 0660 and the
> directory is owned by my user. Lastly, what should I use to read/edit
> documents synched from the palm?
>
>    The other programs (jpilot and kpilot) provide a space to edit the
> text but I love the integration with Evolution I get with gnome pilot so
> unless I can setup the same thing in one of the other two then I would
> rather stick to gnome pilot. Oh, and the memo's are downloaded in those
> other two programs, btw.

There are plugins available for JPilot which may allow you to integrate it
better with Evolution, like pilot-mailsync:

http://wissrech.iam.uni-bonn.de/people/garcke/pms/

I can't see anywhere in JPilot that allows you to set the directory where it
stores your data, though. I followed this tutorial initially if this is any
help:

http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/current/syncsoftware.html

obviously it's aimed at the Visor, but the basics still apply, esp the
command-line actions which establish where the Palm data will be stored.

HTH.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046