backing up a lin/win box via drive imaging

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 2 05:11:16 UTC 2004

Greetings,

I've got a laptop that is split between RH 7.2 (configured for
wardriving) and win2k (for my Cisco exam simulation software).

I'm looking for a freeware or free-for-personal-use rescue disk/cd or
software that I can boot from and that will create an image of the whole
drive and be able to direct it to an NFS or SMB share or something like
that.

If the drive ever gets fried, I'd like to be able to drop a new one in,
of an equal or larger size, boot off the same (or another complementary)
rescue disk/cd and copy the image on down, and once done *poof* be able
to reboot and get back to where I was.

I know things like this exist but of the ones I've tried I didn't have
much luck or didn't like (i.e. Mondo/Mindi). Would people care to
recommend their favourites, if they have any? Something easy enough that
anyone with an MBA or an MCSE could use it would be nice ;)

Regards,
Byron

--

For Good, return Good. For Evil, return Justice.