Apache as WAP server

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 1 22:24:54 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 02:47:49PM -0500, Robert F. Kennedy wrote:
> I looked through Apache.org documentation and couldn't find any
> reference to setting it up as a WAP server. Can this be done?

Well if you mean outputing code the browser on a WAP phone can
understand, I presonally like the hawhaw php library.  I have used it in
the past for small toy projects that I access from my cell phone (such
as dice roller for different die sizes.)

If you mean a wap proxy for doing the system menus and connecting to
other servers and translating code and all that, well that's a lot more
work.

Lennart Sorensen