Firefox

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 30 22:03:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Anton Markov wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:59:32 -0400
> From: Anton Markov <anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>
> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Firefox

> Hi,
>
> The reason I use this functionality, is so that when I click my Firefox
> button on the kicker panel in KDE, it opens up a new window as if I
> found a mozilla window and pressed Ctrl-N. I find it useful when I need
> to open a browser window quickly.
>
> As for the script I use, I use a similar (although inferior) one to the
> one Jing Su posted. Also, the Debian mozilla-firefox package provides a
> script called mozilla-firefox which has the same functionality.

A clarification about the script...
It uses the -remote command line argument to work.  It appears that this
functionality is broken in the 0.9 and 0.9.1 releases of firefox.  I'm not
sure if it's just broken or if they're changing it.  However, the script I
posted works with firefox 0.8, and Mozilla as well.