Wrong ad on www.linux.org

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 30 14:35:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Robert Brockway wrote:
> The "traditional" western capitalist approach to business is only one way
> of looking at prosperity.  It isn't even a very old idea even though many
> people today seem to think it has been around since the dawn of time.  I
> would not be surprised if historians of the future talk about the western
> capitalist 20th & 21st centuries as something of an abberation in human
> history.

What hits me now while re-reading this thread is this: Few or none of the
M$ ads I've seen lately, that take pot-shots at Linux mention technical
superiority of the M$ platform. They all emphasize cost or some other form
of value. The words 'cost of ownership' seem to have been censed out long
ago ;-). And Ballmer has said several times in public that the Linux
choice is 'political' (the last time I can quote in the Munich city
desktop issue). Does this mean that the giant has thrown in the towel on
the technical merits and is now harassing David on politics, ethics and
'patriotism' ? (remember un-American issues in sco wording not so long ago
?).

Peter