Proposal for a Key Signing Party

J. E. Lewis louie-0bayW1IVfwI at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 30 05:42:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 10:29:30PM -0400, cbbrowne wrote:
> > Hi.  I've had a request for a PGP/GPG Key Signing party at the next TLUG
> > This would need to be done properly - bringing sufficient photo ID and
> > examining it even for people you know (Passport is ideal).  There is a bit
> > of "leg work" to do before the event but the Key Signing Party howto has
> > lots of useful information.
> >
> > Any takers?
>
> I'm game to do this; note that much of the effort should take place well
> _before_ the meeting.  To maximize efficiency, those that want to
> participate should send their public keys to the organizer so that the
> organizer can put together a nice list so as to make it easy for
> everyone to verify their identities the day of the Party.
>
> http://www.w4kwh.org/privacy/keysign.html
> http://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp_keysign.html
> http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/gpg-party.html
>
> Note: The last few times people have asked about this, the number of
> participants has been less than 2, and you need at least 2 for it to
> work ;-).

I'm interested, I'll be in Toronto for a conference (FAIM 2004 hosted by
Ryerson University and National Research Council Canada) on July 13.  I was
wondering wondering where the meeting will be held and how long it normally
lasts. The conference has a banquet on that same night.  I was hoping that I
could do both.

--
James E. Lewis