Need to take control of a terminal session.

Robert Turcott robt-JoPBQnXCRdTQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 28 18:09:39 UTC 2004

Thanks Andy,

I've used screen and checked the man page briefly but didn't notice this
functionality, it will be very useful.  Unfortunately, for the problem
that started this, I needed to attach to a terminal session that had
already been running without screen.  It's been taken care of now
though.  (The user was running kermit with a modem connection to another
remote client and we wanted to shut it down gracefully so it wouldn't
leave processes running and hang up the remote modem. We bit the bullet,
killed the processes, and were able to reconect to the remote machine).

Thanks again,

Rob.