Problems Compiling.

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 28 02:21:47 UTC 2004

Hi Adam,

Adam Raymond wrote:
> The output for the ./configure is
>
> [root-bi+AKbBUZKZeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org vlc-0.7.2]# ./configure
[snip]
> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for gpp... no
> checking for aCC... no
> checking for CC... no

This doesn't look right. You said you installed GCC, but it looks like
the C++ compiler portion of GCC is not installed. See below.

[snip]
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.

I believe the message means your c++ preprocessor is not installed
properly for some reason. Probably related to the problem above with not
finding the C++ compiler.

How did you install GCC?
If you compiled it, where did you install it to?

Try running 'which cpp' and 'which g++' to check where they are
installed (if at all).

Otherwise you may want to try re-installing GCC (and make sure the C++
compiler is installed as well). I believe there is a Mandrake package
for it.

Mandrake experts... some help here!

>>It would be helpful if you posted the output of ./configure
>>
>>StreetSmart wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I downloaded the VLC source code .tar.gz. I had no troubles with the
>>>uncompile but when I ./configure it messes up. Im running an 866 Mhz
>>
>>p3 with
>>
>>>512 ram, I;ve got mandrake 9.2 installed, I also just installed GCC.
>>>
>>>The configure gets pretty far and I cannot see where the problem
>>
>>begins. If
>>
>>>you would like I will paste all the coding next message. Thanks.
>>>
>>>AdamR
>>

>>- --

- --
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***