Toronto Linux Store

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 27 01:22:23 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Anton Markov wrote:
>
> > What if it's just their web hosting provider who are running Windows.
> > They may have simply not been too picky about what hosting they use.
> > Just a thought.
>
> Somebody else just suggested exactly the same thing to me on irc and this
> is a good point.  They could have have gone with a Linux provider though
> ;)

It's surely a source of embarrassment.

If it were me, I'd want to minimize my "Windows exposure," particularly
since people _will_ notice this sort of thing, and _will_ make fun of
them for it.

If there's any area where Linux _IS_ strong, it's in the area of web
hosting; it should be a no-brainer to find a decent Linux-based vendor.

They are trying to solve the harder "desktop" problem; you have to admit
it looks less than ideal if they aren't using Linux for the "easy"
stuff...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/advocacy.html