A round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 26 19:27:30 UTC 2004

As on of our profs put it upon being interrupted: 'This is my turn to talk.
You can talk later.' I thought that made it very clear.

Another speaker put it to the audience: 'Would you prefer to listen to me or
to him?' When the audience indicated the former, the speaker said to the
heckler 'They don't want to listen to you, so you have to be quiet.'

Ideally, the speaker should be able to keep things under control. But if
that doesn't work, then the meeting Chair should do it.

I'm much more impressed by a 'show-off' when they show their knowledge in a
polite fashion.

Peter
--
Peter D. Hiscocks