A round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 26 18:14:40 UTC 2004

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> There was precisely ONE slide about dealing with hecklers and it actually
> referred to my experiences at *NewTLUG* meetings. The first NewTLUG meeting
> that I attended was mass chaos within the first half an hour. The audience had
> completely taken over from the presenter. It was embarrassing to sit
> through. I actually left to find the washroom and 20 minutes (and two
> janitors pointing me to the right corridor) later the presenter was on
> THE SAME SLIDE and he still didn't have command over his own presentation.
> I was appalled with the audience for being so rude.

As someone who attends the TLUG meetings on an occasional basis, I also
find those hecklers to be a source of irritation.  It's a wonder they
can get any speakers, with the way those hecklers trash the
presentations.  Please guys, and you know who you are, I'm there to hear
the presentations, not you and your D*MN interuptions.  If you can't
keep your mouth shut for the time the presentation is on, please stay
away, so others can get some benefit from the presentations.  Your
heckling is definitely *NOT* appreciated.