Improving LPI certifications [was Re:A round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...]

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 20:20:46 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:54:38PM -0400, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
>

>>lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) writes:
>>

>>>I wrote the 101 test at RWL last year, because it was only $20 and I was
>>>curious what it was like.
>>>
>>>Overall I was disappointed.  I had hoped for something better than the
>>>other certifications I ahve seen, but unfortunately it too had questions
>>>that were invalid, or which had either no correct anwer or more than one
>>>correct answer.  Some questions make assumptions that are not universally
>>>valid across linux distributions.  Some I would consider totally irrelevant
>>>to the topic of the exam.
>>>

>>They are updating the exams again.  If you want to help improve them, now is
>>the chance to volunteer.
>>

>I am willing to comment on validity of questions.  I already did that
>once for Brainbench a few years ago.  They even paid me a bit for it,
>although I would not consider that a requirement given LPI doesn't seem
>to be doing this to become rich.

Good idea. I personally do not care about getting any certificates. And
am certainly not as good on Linux as Lennard and many others around
(though, this is not neccessarily a bad thing in this case). I would not
mind as well to provide my opinion on quality of exams, within of course
my time-availibility for doing such things. So, organizers may ask me
for opinion as well.

zb.