OT? program idea: Operation Homing Pidgeon

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 15:51:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:18:11 -0400
David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Rob Sutherland wrote:
>
> >Hmmm...long, long ago,there was a Toronto Area BBS called, IIRC, the Anarchy
> >Zone that would ask for all kinds of info, credit card numbers, favourite sex
> >position etc and then announce that all this had been stored and transmitted
> >to the Dark Side, you foolish lamer, you <evil laugh>.
> >
> That's not it at all, Rob, I'm talking about a simple scenario that
> would keep your data safe and help get your stolen computer back. Not
> some sleazy scheme to embarrass perverts ..

Of course - it just struck a chord as far as the techniaue of deception went.

It is a good idea, it kind of reminds me of a thing called LoJack that was around a few
years ago - basically, I think, they would put a radio transmitter in your car, concealed
somewhere and if the car was stolen it was activated - I can't remember if it was a time delay or
what the mechanism was, but I remember hearing they found a whole ship full of stolen cars
in Miami because one of them was equipped with it.

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com