kernel boot option for "No SCSI"

Alan Cohen alan-QVObF66B6qeOg/Yh5kgvkFaTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 14:37:03 UTC 2004

I did a Fedora Core 2 install to a blank IDE disk on Machine-A which
happens to contain an Adaptec 2940AU

I moved that disk into Machine-B but when I boot Machine-B, it hangs
with "Checking for new hardware." Note that Machine-B contains no SCSI
card. I suspect that's the problem.

What boot parameters can I "A" (ie: grub add) to the kernel command line
to tell it not to expect SCSI (aic7xxx) stuff?

(I looked at
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt and
scsi/aic7xx.txt but don't see anything helpful.)

--
Sincerely,
Alan Cohen alan-bdq14YP6qtTV+N59fa8YiVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org voice: 416-783-9826