A round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...

Scott Elcomb Scott.Elcomb-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 02:29:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 07:26, Colin McGregor wrote:
> "Chris F.A. Johnson" <c.f.a.johnson-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> on Wednesday, June 23, 2004
> 11:26 PM wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Colin McGregor wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to offer a round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin and her
> > > presentation at the June 22nd NewTLUG meeting. I gather that the
> > > presentation was put together in very short order and she pulled it off
> very
> > > well. More to the point (and this was pretty sad) was that at the start
> of
> > > the talk there were a total of FOUR people in the room (and yes this
> > > includes Ms. Hogbin). By the end of the meeting the total number of
> people
> > > in the room had climbed to 6, all quite sad.
> >
> >      How many were at the LPI exam, scheduled for the same time?
>
> One person showed up for the exam... Again sad, but a bit more
> understandable, it does take a while to prep. for the LPI exam, and given
> the short notice given for the exam I could understand not many takers... A
> bit more notice that there would be an LPI exam at the NewTLUG meeting might
> have helped there, but hey NewTLUG is every month....
>
> Colin McGregor

Originally, I was coming to do the exam... but I ran a simulation of the
LPIC exam for 101 and failed. :(

(I /will/ go for my LPI's  :)

So I spoke to a potential convert ;) and was bringing him to the TLUG
meeting.  A last minute scheduling change at work...

Must have a little chat with Murphey.

- Scott.

PS - If anybody wants them, there's some study related links (incl. the
simulator) in my "blog" at
http://psema4.gotdns.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.cgi?b=dl33t,v=display,m=latest

--
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avalonweb/